COVID-19 Please read
For the moment, I am continuing to offer home circumcisions. I will be reviewing this decision regularly and in the event of a more stringent lockdown, I may need to cease activity again.
Please look at my availability to request a time for me to come to your home to carry out the circumcision for your son. (I do not offer any clinic based circumcisions I’m afraid)
I offer circumcisions for boys under 8 weeks of age as long as they are less than 5kg (11lb) in weight, but I do not advise delaying unless there is a good reason. Ideally this should be done in the first 4 weeks
The government recommendations on social distancing, shielding and meeting others are changing frequently and I will be modifying my restrictions accordingly. Please keep checking this page up to the day of the circumcision as I update it.
The following considerations will apply for the time being for all circumcisions (religious or not):
- From Monday 19th October 2020, I am requesting that no one from outside the household is present whilst I am at your home.
- I understand that this is slightly more stringent than the government guidance for certain areas of the country, although it is in line with Tier 2 and Tier 3 areas. I have decided to take this decision as I am a working GP and I am conscious of my responsibilities to protect you and the need to protect myself.
- I request that facemasks are worn by all adults whilst I am in your home.
- All those present need to have been in good health for the preceding 14 days (particularly no fever, cough, breathlessness or change/loss of sense of smell/taste)
- All discussions and consent process will take place before the day of the circumcision by phone
- I will be wearing PPE (personal protective equipment)
- I am very happy for you to arrange a video link for the circumcision for any family member/friend who wishes to join
A note for religious circumcisions/brit milah:
Whilst it is traditional for there to be a family gathering for a brit milah, this is not essential, and the pandemic has resulted in many of us having to make difficult decisions about specific rituals and lifecycle events. I hope you will understand that I prioritise the health of the babies and families and the wider community at this time and as soon as I am able, I will reintroduce more relaxed guidance to allow families to celebrate according to their wishes.